Re: [Spridgets] New trucks again, NLBC except to tow them

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] New trucks again, NLBC except to tow them
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:10:42 -0400
Here is what I can say.
My brother in law has a 2010 GMC it is in the shop monthly, and it
forever needs a parking light bulb or something.
The gauges go out totally every couple of weeks but the truck still runs
and then the gauges all start to work.
He is and has been a chevy man his whole life so he bites the bullet for
his love.
I have a 2010 F-150, 11,000 miles so far and nothing went wrong.  I do
not like the automatic tranny but that's all you can get. It does tow a
trailer with a Spridget on it and you don't even know it.
The bed is 4" too tall, sure it will hold more cargo for the one time
you need to fill it to the rim but that equates to having to climb in or
over the rails 10 times a day for me and I hate that. I can not reach
anything in the bed over the rails without having to climb in or over
the rails.
The parking lamps go on every time I open the door and somebody will
tell you that the lights are on. Another one of Fords "better ideas"
I think it is the best looking of the pick ups. It is still made mostly
in the USA.
It doesn't have a mexican engine like it's competitor ;)
And as for Dodge, is it Fiat yet?
As for 60,000 trucks, why not buy a Cadillac for that price, my truck
cost under 22k, I paid about 24 with tax, tags, optional chrome grill
and chrome rear step bumper. I don't have heated 8 way leather power
seats, it's a truck, I got all that foo-foo crap in the Jag.
There are jap trucks too, the Tundra which gets 10 miles per gallon
pulling a trailer. I know this for a fact, Tiff's ex had one and he
towed a Sprite to LotO with it. He stopped for gas everytime I stopped
in the Sprite, 6 gallons vs 22 gallons.
And the Nissan but that is just flat out FUGLY!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html