Re: [Spridgets] 2010 GMC hassles and issues

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 2010 GMC hassles and issues
From: chris_west@juno.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:58:33 -0400
David L wrote:
    The explanation that I have been given is that the pump motor is
cooled by being immersed in and splashed by fuel. When the fuel level
gets too low, the motor runs too hot.

This is the primary issue with running the tank down to empty.  The inlet
strainer of the pump assembly will filter out the "large bits" and the in
line filter (when present) will get the rest, after the potential damage
to the pump internals has occurred.  The real issue, as David mentions,
is cooling the pump.  In addition, many newer (2005 and up) vehicles have
only a "self cleaning" fuel filter INTERNAL to the tank, and NO easily
serviceable external filter.  Check with your FLAPS or your dealer to see
if that is the case with your vehicles.  If it is, I would NEVER
routinely run with less than a 1/4 full tank.  Just my 2cents worth, but
I do sell these parts and know the common failure modes.

Chris - AN5L35xxx
SHOCKING True Story
Millionaire Helps Everyday People Get Paid - You Won't Believe How!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d908661e52833f053bst02vuc

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive