Re: [Spridgets] Dealer Fuel Pump Fix

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Dealer Fuel Pump Fix
From: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:28:00 -0400
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
wrote:
My pump died on the way to the dump with a full load in the bed of
dump $600.0 for the pump and around $300.00 for labor.   I paid them
just under a grand to have it repaired.

I recently took my HHR to a dealer for an oil change. They had a sale
going and it was only $14.95 plus tax with a coupon. We dropped if off
and my wife and I went to lunch. During our meal her cell rang. It was
the dealer who wanted to tell me that the front struts were both
leaking and he could new OEM struts for only $680 plus tax. He
included an alignment too... I told him to just do the oil change and
I would worry about the struts later. I also told him that I was not
about to put OEM parts back on the car since they didn't even last 60K
miles!

I stopped at Sears on the way back to get the car. Their price was
$474 for Monroe struts w/alignment.

I bought a pair of new Monroes off ebay for $114 shipped. My
son-in-law is going to help me put them on when the weather gets
better.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye