[Spridgets] Taxes

Subject: [Spridgets] Taxes
From: derf247 at gmail.com (derf)
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 18:22:10 -0600
Yes, but he is saying it poorly.  He should have said a flat tax would
be a higher percentage of a lower income than it would be of a higher
income.

I understand what a flat tax is.  I think most who champion a flat tax
realize that there would also have to be a drastic change in sales tax
to compensate.

Last time I checked the top 50% of incomes pay about 97% of the taxes
and the lower 50% pay about 3%.

I'd be for "tax the rich, feed the poor" if the able bodied poor would
all strive to be contributing members of society.  One of the problems
with the liberals is they tend to support a percentage of the populous
and those supported are allowed to vote for the ones who give them
money.

I don't like seeing people using government funds at the grocery store
to buy Lobster and Steak, taking out cash to pay for cigarettes and
alcohol (the govt. won't pay for them, at least), and then putting all
their stuff in a vehicle that is much nicer than mine.  Call me a
hater.  I know, I should shop at "better" places, right?  Whole Foods
and World Market are farther away, though, and I feel like the people
at those places are oblivious to what is going on over at the Wal*Mart
grocery store.

I'm for drug testing welfare recipients, too.  I don't want to support
their habits.

I don't think illegal aliens should get free stuff from the government.

I'm not so much conservative republican but more anti-liberal.

How's that for politics?