[Spridgets] mileage vs. age

Subject: [Spridgets] mileage vs. age
From: philip.s.jones at comcast.net (Philip Jones)
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 21:16:06 -0800
So, I want to share mine too . . . a fairly short list compared to you guys.

1968 Honda CR110
1971 Honda CB 750 (Cafe!  High school!  6 tickets in 5 months!)
1972 Fiat 128SL (fit four cheerleaders and my locker partner - and me)
1972 Ford Capri (V6!)
197? Yamaha TX500 (bad, bad motorcycle)
1971 MG Midget*
1986 Suzuki GS550ES
1980 Volkswagen Rabbit Diesel (another terrific, albeit slow car)
1968 Datsun Pick-up
1986 Toyota 4WD pickup
1992 Volkswagen GTI#
1988 Toyota 4WD pickup
1990 Toyota 4WD pickup
1990 Volkswagen Westfalia
1972 MG MGB GT*
2010 Nissan Frontier 4WD*#
*Still own
# Bought new

I'm sad that the Fiat was attractively repaired (just before I bought it)
from a big shunt that left one front wheel permanently about 2 inches behind
the other.  I'm sad that the Capri was a rust bucket, because I loved that
car.  And I'm sad that I sold the GTI to help get a down payment for a
house, though it probably wasn't a bad decision.  I'm sad that the Westfalia
cost me about $4,000/year to keep in good condition, and that my wife hated
it.  Still the most utilitarian vehicle I've ever owned.

But I love my MG's!