[Spridgets] New trucks again, NLBC except to tow them

Subject: [Spridgets] New trucks again, NLBC except to tow them
From: soavero at yahoo.com (Ron Soave)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 17:10:42 -0700 (PDT)
Since it's looking like I may be supplying the tow vehicle to get to
Newfoundland, I took a few hours off today and browsed trucks with the family.
I drove 2 versions of the F-150 and the 5.7L Dodge. I don't know what all the
complaining is about - these things all absolutely rock. The engines are
psychotic - I drove the new Ford eco-boost V-6 thing - how it has 100 or so
more horsepower and gets 8 mpg better than my 2002's 4.6L V-8 is beyond me (not
to mention 5000 pounds more towing capacity). I got on it pretty good and to
quote Jon Bauer, 'she goes!". The 5L v8 was also quite the stump puller and
sounded nice. The chassis certainly seemed tight as could be in a parking lot
speed bump test that the dealer took me on. The Dodge 1500 was pretty awesome,
and the 5.7L feels like a proper motor as well. The coil over rear suspension
was ridiculed by the Ford dealer, but it was exceptionally supple and a very
comfortable ride from a 4x4.

The prices were, however, a little ridiculousm but so was everything ont he
show room floor.

That is all...
Ron