[Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues

Subject: [Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues
From: bmwwxman at gmail.com (Jim Johnson)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:50:28 -0500
Rick,

All of the BMW K series bikes are fuel injected with the pump in the tank.
Moreover, they are water cooled with the radiator air flow coming back into
the tank area. The fuel tanks
get so hot on these bikes that when running long distances in the summer,
you don't even want to touch the tank with your bare hand. I guarantee all
owners of these bikes are well aware of this situation. There are even
aftermarket vent systems available to help cool things down a bit but they
are still miserable to ride distances in 100F plus weather.

On the other hand, this is a great bike to ride in the winter or in cool
climates...   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim