[Spridgets] Distributor Wobble

Subject: [Spridgets] Distributor Wobble
From: chris_west at juno.com (chris_west at juno.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:39:47 -0400
Geoff wrote:  Timing is stable with timing light ~ @ 12 BTDC, idles good,
advance works.
Geoff, what is wobbling?  If it is the distributor body itself I can see
how the timing is stable, because it could wobble back and forth without
turning.  If I recall correctly, the distributor clamp plate bolts to an
adapter that is bolted to the block.  Check both the 2 bolts at the clamp
plate and the 2 (I think) at the adapter to block mounting.  If it is the
distributor shaft that is wobbling, it will need to be rebushed or
replaced.  The timing may appear stable at the crank pulley, but if you
connect an accurate dwell meter you will see lots of variation,
indicating either a worn distributor cam or a wobbling shaft.  AFAIK the
only washers involved are the thrust washers for the distributor shaft,
used by the factory to adjust the end float of the shaft during assembly.

Chris - AN5L35xxx
Groupon.com Official Site
1 huge daily deal on the best stuff to do in your city. Try it today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d90f22ba32df40a131st02vuc