Re: [Spridgets] Datsun tranny fill plug questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Datsun tranny fill plug questions
From: <corvallis@peoplepc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:02:50 -0700
It is not a left-hand thread. You were wise to get the top loose before
draining the fluid. I would have been stuck with an empty tranny and no way
to fill it. It is possible to have steel 'glue' itself to aluminum; galvanic
action.

I have a 14mm Datsun fill plug here in front of me. 12-point 5/8 is too
small; 11/16 is too large.

I'd try the largest pair of vise-grips I could find. Maybe try some heat on
it first. ...bill in corvallis