Re: [Spridgets] silicone fluid and MC

To: "Leo" <60bugeye@cebridge.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] silicone fluid and MC
From: dwoerpel@wi.net
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 21:19:39 -0500 (CDT)
Leo,

My bugeye (AN5/17606 Engine 17604)came with a flame trap and I have it on
the car.  At some point they were eliminated (don't have Horler's OS&M
right now but the change point is in there.

Dave W.

> Thank god for silicone fluid as started to get Iris out today and my
> floorboard (actually the blue Amco floormat ) had a puddle in it .  Not
> much
> clutch so I guess a rebuild is in order.  Seals lasted 5 years so I am
> fine
> with that.  Next question and this is for the originality people so ignore
> if you choose. Has anyone ever seen a flame trap in the vacuum advance
> line
> on a Bugeye.  The new car (number 3) is pretty unmolested (still has the
> banded tach drive unit and the 90 degree brass plug ends) and the vacuum
> advance line for the dist has a flame trap which is bolted to the back
> exchaust stud.  Loks like it is factory but I have never seen one that
> way.
> Several other different things also but that's a whole nother topic.
>

> Leo

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive