Re: [Spridgets] Gift Sprite.... 10 years after...

To: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>, spridgets list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gift Sprite.... 10 years after...
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:20:54 -0400
> Like  Michael Rowe your tub ashore, hallelujah?

Wait, wait, wait!  It is Spring - driving weather.  We are not supposed to
do this in driving weather.

I tempted the gods on Monday and got smacked pretty hard.

Sunday was a beautiful day and I got my car out for the first time this
year.  It started instantly and ran perfectly.  On Monday while doing
errands, I bragged about driving a whole day without anything going wrong.
I then made it less than five miles when a rear wheel almost fell off after
I went over a bump.  Because I have been driving on that wheel quite a few
miles since redoing my rear end (differential and bearings), I assume the
wheel was not seated and the bump seated it, leaving all the lugs loose and
rattling like a blown tire.  The trunk has a full compliment of electrical
gadgetry, of course, but no tire iron.  I had to walk 1.5 miles home to get
a tire iron.

Never brag.

Michael Rowe
'74 Bugeyed Midget