[Spridgets] Frank

Subject: [Spridgets] Frank
From: dwgwater at hotmail.com (David Groundwater)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 09:41:44 -0500
Robert, you found the way to say what I've been trying to come up with all
week.  Frank's "get it done," "make it work" spirit  has been a huge
inspiration to me and probably the main reason I still have my Midget after 25
years.  I never met him, but always admired him.  I've told many non-car
friends  Frank stories, but I doubt people believed them. I learned that when
there was tough problem I was trying to solve, including "Clarici" as a term
in my archive search greatly improved my chances of getting a correct and
useful answer.  I've been on the list pretty much since the get go, mostly
lurking in deference to you folks who really know what you're doing.  There
aren't many people on this list who talk about the work they've paid a
mechanic to do, won't do anything unless it's what the manual says, or moan
"originality" about putting in a Festiva alt or Geo rad or Izzy dizzy.  "I set
mine where it runs the best." Frank's good sense, wisdom and humor about our
Spridgets (and Chinese parts, among many other things) are a part of all of us
on this list and beyond and were taken from us far too soon.   As it says on
Christopher Wren's tomb in St. Paul's, "If you seek his monument, look around
you." RIP Frank. We shall miss you.

Dave Groundwater
'70 Midget