[Spridgets] coffee

Subject: [Spridgets] coffee
From: ggroiss at gmail.com (Gregory Groiss)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 12:17:14 -0400
Before I started roasting I also found some of the coffee sold by
Costco to be very good.  In the last few years I've noticed they no
longer put a roasted on date (or code) on the bags.  Or they at least
stopped making it easy to figure out.  They now only have a use by
date which is usually 6 months or more out.  That's about 5 months 2
weeks longer than I like to have roasted coffee around.

As for roasting, I looked into a bunch of roasters but settled on the
Behmor 1600 because it can handle 12 oz of greens at one time to a
light vienna roast with excellent results.  If you like a lighter
roast it will take a full pound of greens to City+ no problem. It is
also a drum roaster so it produces a fuller body than an air roaster.
This is important for me because I roast and drink a lot of espresso.

Greg