Re: [Spridgets] Fuel From H2O

To: "spridgets_autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Fuel From H2O
From: Dave KK7SS <kk7ss@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 20:55:06 +0000 (UTC)
Yes... several. But not on the scale in California or Nevada.
Also some small Solar farms.
Certainly not enough to replace all the currently existing power sources.

We have a Wind turbine farm about 15 miles from my house, 63 turbines,
occupying 47 of the over 5,000 acres leased for hte project and producing a
maximum of 96 MegaWatts... or about 1/12th of one average sized nuclear power
station occupying much less land!

I also live about 8 miles from WPPS #2, which is an operational Nuclear
Generating plant producing 1.2 GigaWatts.
Of the other two proposed stations, #1 and #3, in 1982 they were put on
"extended delay" when they were more than 65% and 85% complete --- idiots!!
Planned plants #4 and #5 are still awaiting funding - I'm not holding my breath!

On Wednesday I toured what is known as 'B reactor' which produced the Plutonium
for Trinity, Fat Boy and Little Man. Built in 1942 it was shut down in 1968 as
part of the SALT1 treaty.
>From empty sand dunes to production in 13 months, in active use for 25 years
>without a fault, leakage or error.

As for safety, anyone remember the oil refinery explosions a few years ago in
Texas (BP) and Japan .

--
Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig   Richland, WA