Re: [Spridgets] engine shipping

To: an5.sprite@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] engine shipping
From: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:11:50 -0700
  Not cheap to buy either !!!

  its for my 1934 Singer Le Mans, the motor came out of a 33 Singer
Sports and is a slight mish-mash of parts, some parts from a 1935-36
motor but I have all the 1934 parts to make it right from the remains of
my destroyed original motor.  Its a running, ready to drop in
motor/gearbox assembly.  Has a few mods I would keep like the modified
flywheel to attach a MGB clutch and I most likely would keep the
generator that has been modified to fit with the original magneto
housing (although again I have my magneto from my original motor).  It
has a modern crank which is the very weak point of Singer's with their 2
bearing mains, the new cranks with modern metallurgy are quite strong,
it also has a new manufactured head and I am told it runs well.  Its not
cheap and I know the shipping will not be cheap, my wife is against it
and has said "you are stupid to do it but go ahead, however when you
need money for something on the car don't come to me and ask for it
because you wasted it on a motor".  This motor will blow more than half
my budget for the car, like I said originality means something to me,
its the drive ability that concerns me, the Spridget motor I could drive
anywhere/anytime.

     mike