Re: [Spridgets] XKE body modifications customized by KRUNCH!

To: lotuspilot@frontier.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] XKE body modifications customized by KRUNCH!
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:50:39 -0400 (EDT)
My opinion IS widespread in the UK and also the respectable opinion to
hold.  If you have an race car you want to drive on the road and that race  is
road legal but you have the original numbers on the side of the car, you
cover them up till you get to the event (track or show) you are going to and
then uncover the numbers.

The motorsports body decides whether or not to give you a licence.   I'd
guess but haven't checked that if they thought you were bringing the sport
into disrepute by driving on the public highway with a car with numbers on
(except rally cars between stages) they could decide not to give you a licence
 or give you a penalty that if you refused to pay would result in your not
getting a licence. I don't know the road traffic act position on driving a
car  on the public highway displaying race numbers.

One thing that's certain is that both points are mostly academic as
virtually no racing cars are ever driven on the public highway displaying
numbers.  You might get the old purely road car VW beetle with no 53, the  odd
MINI
with no 1 or 007 but that's about it.

You are welcome to your doubts but remember I live in this country and have
 perfect vision (corrected by glasses) and like to look at cars so guess my
 experience is a better judge than your doubts.

Weslake-Monza 1330