Re: [Spridgets] Racing cars displaying numbers on the public highway

To: lotuspilot@frontier.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Racing cars displaying numbers on the public highway
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 17:04:20 -0400 (EDT)
No worries Mike.

In the USA, from what I understand, you have the NHRA for drag racing, the
SCCA for circuit racing, IMSA? for sports prototypes and CART? for single
seaters.

Here in the UK we have the MSA for drag racing, circuit racing for vintage
cars through to moderns, sports prototypes and single seaters up to F1.

Yep, one sanctioning body that controls the lot.

England is a small country that doesn't tolerate racing numbers on road
cars to the extent no self respecting enthusiast would even think of it.
It's a cultural difference I hadn't realised wasn't universal and I have been
to  the USA on 3 occasions.  Remember it wasn't that long ago a man with a
red  flag had to walk in front of an automobile.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locomotive_Acts_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locomotive_Acts)

Seems like some states had a similar rule?

Regards

Weslake-Monza 1330