Re: [Spridgets] An arrogance lacking in Spridget drivers*

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] An arrogance lacking in Spridget drivers*
From: dlancer7676@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 00:49:33 +0000 (UTC)
LOL

You guys will like this one.B  In view of having a 1967 Austin Healey Sprite
that I was completely disassembling and rebuilding, including welding
significant sheets of metal into the body to replace the rusted stuff, I
joined the local Austin Healey Club, which, really, is a great group of
guys.B  But my driver was a 1979 Midget.B  Of course I drove on most of the
monthly "tours" the club would put together, and eventually volunteered to
lead a drive.B

As we gathered on that Saturday morning and I was laying out the route that I
would lead the group of Big Healeys, an olderB Jaguar, and I think a Mercedes,
I told the group that If I drove too fast and was running away from them to
just flash their lights and I would slow down so their cars could keep up.B
The looks of the group, both at me and toward each other, was worth recording
for posterity, and the "Yeah, Right's" were plentful.B  LOL

We had a wonderful drive.B  8^)

--David C.
"Those who can, teach. Those who cannot pass laws about teaching."