[Spridgets] Red glow & ZDDP

To: CosmicMag1380 <cosmicmag1380@gmail.com>, Spridgets
Subject: [Spridgets] Red glow & ZDDP
From: Tim Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:33:17 -0400
>  Didn't figure it out until the return trip just
>at dusk and the lights started to show again. It is really something
>to see when the horizon is wall-to-wall red lights then goes off!

Apparently all to often the red glow on the horizon is from a wind
turbine gear box fire. Dow Corning (local company) is working on a solution.

Car related item: DC made a molybdenum disulfide engine oil additive
(molykote) that provided wear protection up to 500,000 psi. I wonder
how  molykote stacks up against ZDDP? I don't think they make it
anymore but what they typically do is spin off a new invention to
another company to make and market. So it may be available
somewhere.  Anyone know?

Tim Collins
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/sets/

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html