[Spridgets] Sears warrantee and torque wrench

Subject: [Spridgets] Sears warrantee and torque wrench
From: jfishbein at snet.net (Jay)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 09:42:38 -0700 (PDT)
I'm not a professional mechanic, so read this in that light.

My tools are a combination of Craftsman, a tiny bit of Snap-on/Blue Point, S&K,
old Harbor Freight (before the China Syndrome), Stanley, and others.

When I needed a tool right away I bought new....somewhere, but one of the great
values is buying tools used. Good tools last and can be purchased reasonably.

I also based some of my purchases based on how much use I would subject the
tool
to. For example, all of my air sockets were off-brand; I don't need A-list
sockets.

As for the warranty issue.....Some people abuse the tool warranties and
mechanics told me personal stories of intentionally snapping-off screwdrivers
in
a vise to get new. I also don't think manufacturers should be required to
replace with new a bunch of worn-out old tools that someone just bought at a
tag
sale.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct