[Spridgets] Fuel From H2O

Subject: [Spridgets] Fuel From H2O
From: an5.sprite at gmail.com (Steven Guterman)
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 20:57:21 -0400
The problem with most of the economic analysis' surrounding energy use is
the fact that they do not take into account all the costs.  What is the cost
of "ruined scenery" from wind mills.  How much will it cost to store spent
nuclear fuel for 250,000 years (no one knows), What should be the charge for
emissions from coal, oil and gas plants.  What about the cost to salmon from
the hydro dams. Depending what numbers you like (or make up) you can make
anything look good or bad.

I took advantage of the rebates and added solar panels to my house.
Initially I thought no why would this make sense, but after the rebates from
LIPA and state and federal tax credits, the system will pay for itself in 6
years.  It also helps (hurts) that we have very expensive electricity out in
Long Island.

I can not understand the windmills not turning, once the capital investment
is made the cost of maintenance should not be too high.

Steve