[Spridgets] Renewable energy (here I go, off-topic with y'all :)

Subject: [Spridgets] Renewable energy (here I go, off-topic with y'all :)
From: edwd at ti.com (Fisher, Ed)
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 01:59:35 -0500
I have to say, and please understand that this is merely an opinion, that solar
collection appeals to me the most.  I have been duly impressed with Germany's
intensive push to solar energy projects.  They tastefully, again my opinion,
line their motor ways with collectors and even lease farmer's fields for
establishing collector farms.  Germany is cloudy and cold for goodness sakes!
They are also pursuing production improvements coupled with ongoing  research
and development efforts to bring costs down and efficiency up, and have made
great strides with governmental assistance and support.  Very forward thinking
I believe.  I can only imagine how much sunlight energy we could get here in
good 'ol Texas!  (We have an average of 300 sunny days a year.)  It would of
course only be supplementary as the sun doesn't shine 24 hours a day, but I
can't help but believe that office buildings, businesses and the like could
benefit from this approach.  I sure do like the one on my gate opener.

In my simplistic mind I say to myself, and others who enjoy conversation, 'no
matter how much of the sun's energy we manage to collect, we won't deplete it
anytime soon'.   As I said, I'm rather simple minded, but of all possible
sources of which I know, solar really does appeal to me the most.

There, I've said it, and I sincerely hope that I didn't raise any hackles, nor
did I mean to disparage anyone who may be employed or otherwise interested or
invested in another energy field.

Ed

Dallas, Tx