[Spridgets] Racing cars displaying numbers on the public highway

Subject: [Spridgets] Racing cars displaying numbers on the public highway
From: b-evans at earthlink.net (b-evans at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 19:57:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Mike wrote:  "It does not matter what you think or your silly race group for
that matter ;^).  I am betting that the racing group is too snooty to hang
around anyway."

Calm down, folks, there is no need for insulting each other.  What must be
remembered is that the laws, rules and regulations in England are quite
different from those in America.  When it comes to those in Blighty, I think we
have to yield to David's expertise.  He is, after all, an authorized racing
scrutineer for the Motor Sports Association (http://tinyurl.com/3td4nuw), and
must know the rulebook backwards and forwards.  (His group is a government
backed initiative to encourage more people to become involved with the sport.)

In America, things can and usually are, different.  All we have to do is accept
that.  However, speaking from one of my chequered careers (cop), I would have
to say that anyone driving around with a racing screen would invite those
blinking lights in the rear view mirror, if for no other reason that most do
not meet State standards, and don't have windshield wipers.

Having said that, I do remember back in the "Gold Age" (1960-1969), we all did
our racing prep at home, then drove to the track over the highways and byways.

Buster