[Spridgets] Wine Country Classic Sonoma Infineon Raceway

Subject: [Spridgets] Wine Country Classic Sonoma Infineon Raceway
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:21:54 -0700
The Wine Country Classic is around the corner . .  just thought I would send
this out for those of you who live in the area.

I have been to a few of them. .  they allow you to walk through the paddock
area.

I live about 40 minutes from the track and I love to go up there in my
Bugeye.  . the drive up is a lot of fun with some nice twisty's and a couple
of small towns type areas that you pass through.

I still remember a couple of years ago watching an E Type Jag, straight 6,
taking a field of V8 Cobra's as it made such wonderful sounds down the back
straight.  The track tends to favor cars that are quick in the corners.  The
driver's comment after the race, "They can't catch the Cat in the corners."
This was a wonderfully prepped E-Type drop top that should be racing again
this season.

Here is a nice site showing some pics, first weekend in June, and such
regarding:

http://www.sonomauncorked.com/wine-country-events/annual-events/wine-country-classic-vintage-car-races/

Kirk