[Spridgets] Westies - Bull Terrier's Strange Behavior

Subject: [Spridgets] Westies - Bull Terrier's Strange Behavior
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 14:25:08 -0700
I understand that as cute as the Westie's are, they are something else when
it comes to rats and mice allowing nothing to stand in their way to get to
the prey. .  . the cute little Westie turns into a tyrant when it comes to
this kind of thing.

My English Bull Terrier (Spuds McKenzie type) all white with a brown patch
over one eye is also oriented to go after mice and rats as well as waterfowl
at the edge of the shore.  He goes after waterfowl and rats, mice, like a
bullet.

And I guess that due to being an "earth dog" he also loves to sleep under
the covers at night.   Even on the couch he will arrange a blanket so that
he can crawl under it.

The strange thing with Bull Terriers is how they will at times pick up on a
scent leaving their head deep into a bush for a long time.  He then emerges
in a trance where he walks in slow motion with his eyes glazed over as
though some chemical reaction has hit him and caused him to get a buzz of
some sort.  Our dog also does this in front of our fireplace . . all of a
sudden walking in an animated slow motion walk as though he is making his
way through a mine field.  . very different breed.

Kirk