[Spridgets] motor front plate differences

Subject: [Spridgets] motor front plate differences
From: lists at dinospider.com (Mike Rambour)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 14:09:29 -0700
   Anyone know what is the difference between a 1098 Sprite motor front
plate and a Morris 1098 front plate ?  I am talking aobut the front
plate that serves as motor mount in the front of the motor.

  I have my sprite one that I am cutting up this weekend but a person in
the UK who has done this swap before says I need to watch the height of
the distributor to make sure it does not hit the steering gear.  He says
it _might_ not be a problem with a  sprite motor as it will sit lower in
the chassis than his did because he used a Morris motor.   But being
lower in the chassis I need to watch the rear of the gearbox mount to
make sure it still fits.

  I would have thought the front plate was the same between the 2 cars
since they used the same motor, is there a difference ?  Without the
body being fully finished, I have test fitted the steering gear but I
can't be sure its exactly where it will end up when done so the
distributor interference is a guess at best, if the motor sits lower
with a sprite front plate that will make things easier and less "guessy".

  I temporarily don't have internet in the garage so this should be my
last question for 5 days :)

     mike