[Spridgets] The Liberal Mind, No LBC

Subject: [Spridgets] The Liberal Mind, No LBC
From: derf247 at gmail.com (derf)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:32:41 -0500
I play ball with a sundry group of gentlemen.  We have names like Bob,
Manoch, Mohammed, Arafat, Eyad, Steve, Sean, etc.  A wide range of
backgrounds are represented.  Steve is an attorney and the champion of
the liberal cause. He rides his bicycle a lot, was president of the
local Sierra Club, and is quick to argue against conservative
politics.  He is a nice, intelligent, mature guy.  After one game we
were enjoying beverages and talking.  Someone asked Steve what he had
been doing.  He said on the previous day he had driven to New Orleans
to attend a protest on carbon emissions.  Another guy asked:
"Seriously, you drove 180 miles to protest emissions?"  "You drove
your gasoline powered car 180 miles to protest emissions of gasoline
powered cars?"  "Yes."
I think everyone but Steve laughed at the irony.