[Spridgets] Overhead Tanks in England

To: derf247@gmail.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Overhead Tanks in England
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 17:23:06 -0700
The first hotel we stayed in on this recent trip to England had a toilet
that had a large handle on it that you would pump to build the water
pressure up in order to flush it.  (It took me a few seconds to figure it
out).

All the others had two circles above them in the wall on a plate . . with
the smaller circle inside the larger one .  half way inside the larger one.
You push the larger one for larger things that you might leave behind and
the smaller one for any liquids that are left behind.  This seemed to be a
great way to conserve water.  None of them had over head tanks.  Same with
the French toilets which also give the user two options for flushing. And in
France none of those washer things that come up and squirt your rear end.  .
at least where we stayed.

So with the pump model, you sit on the right side of the seat and shift, or
pump with your right hand and hope that you do not come upon a roundabout.

Kirk

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive