Re: [Spridgets] Volvo P1800E - not really LBC

To: corvallis@peoplepc.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Volvo P1800E - not really LBC
From: Macy Larry <lmacy@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:31:43 -0400
I hate to be picky, but the 1800 wagon is not a Kamm back.

The Kamm back (Kamm Tail in Europe) is defined by a cut off back end (see
Chevy Vega Kammback). The idea was first promulgated by  Wunibald Kamm in the
1930's. The volvo is too sloped to be a Kammback.

Although wikipedia calls the Prius one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kammback

Larry
Proud owner of a 1973 Chevy Vega Kammback wagon. Was a great car, no matter
what anyone says.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/lmacy@mac.com

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy@phillymgclub.com
Secretary
Philadelphia MG Club

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never
actually known what the question is." - Douglas Adams

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums