Re: [Spridgets] License plate light, early cars

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] License plate light, early cars
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 15:15:29 -0700
It's primer gray now.
It will look great in body color, whatever that ends up being.
Interesting tidbit:
My Mk1 Midget parts car was originally Clipper Blue or Ice Blue (whatever
the difference is).
I think it's Clipper Blue but SWMBO says she thinks it's Ice Blue.
Since I've sanded through some layers on the white Bugeye bonnet sitting on
my Midget I've found the original color is the same.
So I've now got parts from two different early cars on my Midget that were
originally that color.
And I like that color too.
Hmmm... Maybe that will be the color for the whole car?

Rick (colors, so many many colors) Bastedo

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Bill Masquelier <billmasq@hotmail.com>wrote:

>  I think that Gerrard is correct and that it is potmetal.  You could spray
> it clear but probably won't do too well if left untreated.
> BillM
>
> > Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 08:54:28 -0700
> > From: rbastedo@gmail.com
> > To: spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> > Subject: [Spridgets] License plate light, early cars
> >
> > What's the plinth made of, it feels like aluminum, is it?
> > I've removed it and the plate mounting from my Mk1 Midget parts car and
> > cleaned it up.
> > To me it looks fine bare metal with the nice chrome light fixture but
> should
> > the plinth be painted the same color as the car?
> >
> > Rick Bastedo

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive