[Spridgets] 1342

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] 1342
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 21:22:40 -0500
OK, just what is so difficult about 1342 anticlockwise??? I finally
got around to putting my 123/Mini distributor back into Idget tonight.
I need to go to Lexington this weekend and my GTi got "doored" last
week and is in the body shop in pieces. So I repeat my mantra of "all
I did was pull the distributor, there is no need to touch the carbs or
anything but distributor" over and over. Get it back in, perform the
static timing, double-check the wires for 1342, and fire it up.
Started right up, but the idle is not smooth at all and it just won't
run right. Tweak the dynamic timing, fiddle-fart with everything,
still not happy. Finally give up in disgust and go wash my hands
literally as well as metaphorically. Then I realize that something
wasn't quite kosher, so I open up the garage again and check. Sure
enough, somehow I swapped 2 and 4 of all strange things. Funny how
much better it runs if you can only follow directions!
David L

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive