Re: [Spridgets] 66 Sprite Brake bleeding Part 2

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 66 Sprite Brake bleeding Part 2
From: Allen Hefner <lbc77mg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:03:46 -0400
Sorry, but I have never had any luck with EZ  Bleed.  Why introduce another
vairable into brake bleeding when all you need is a helper with one leg?
People have been bleeding brake systems for years without EZ Bleeds or hose
suckers <http://www.x4labs.com/acc-pressurized-penis-pump.php>.

1. Did you bench bleed the new master cylinder?  It makes it easier to get
the juice flowing.  If you didn't, take off the brake line, fill the MC,
pump, fill again, pump, until fluid comes out.  This is less messy if the MC
is on a bench (which is prolly why they call it bench bleeding).  Watch the
paint!

2. I also suspect that the brake proportioning valve is not centered, which
could cause the problem with no fluid getting thru.  That's its job.  I have
seen them completely jammed.  They can be rebuilt if the o-rings are shot.

3. Is any fluid coming out of the MC?  Take lines off and pump until you see
a squirt.

Keep us posted.

Allen Hefner
Norristown  PA