[Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 49, Issue 31

Subject: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 49, Issue 31
From: refisk at chartermi.net (Rick Fisk)
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:50:38 -0400
I live in Michigan - no smog checks or safety inspections.  All they care
about is current tags and insurance.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 7, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Lee Fox <lee.fox at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Rick,
>
> These are not hard to de-smog. Just removing the belt from the air pump will
work if you live someplace that requires all the pollution controls to be in
place.

> I also have a '79 that I will be driving to Midget 50. I long ago removed
the pump, EGR, piping, etc. and hollowed out the cat. Cleans up the engine bay
nicely. The vacuum hose routing is for retard at idle only and can be safely
discarded. Set timing at 10-12 BTDC instead of the marked 4 ATDC.

> This engine gets a bad rep because it can drop thrust washers into the pan
and ruin the crank if not caught right away. Easy to check and fix with engine
in car. Unlike the A-series, this engine has a long stroke and does not rev
high, but has tons of torque, which makes it a great driver.

> Lee

Has