[Spridgets] Fiberglass question

Subject: [Spridgets] Fiberglass question
From: rbastedo at gmail.com (Rick Bastedo)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:35:22 -0700
I need some kind of mold release agent, PVA would do nicely but I'm having
trouble finding any I can go and buy today.
I can order from an online place, but that's not going to get the job done
today.

I have a plaster cast mold I want to lay in some fiberglass and resin and
then be able to pop it out without breaking the mold.
In a previous job I had doing this kind of thing (several decades ago) we
would use special chemicals and everything worked great.
Now I want to do a little of this at home in my spare time, making
impossible to buy new spridget bits & pieces out of fiberglass.

Anyone think of a substitute for PVA or some other way of doing this?

For the casting metal piece that I was putting into the plaster to create
the mold I rubbed the surface all over with wax from a candle.
It popped right out perfectly.
I'm considering giving the mold the same treatment, then laying in the
fiberglass and resin and then just hope it comes out cleanly.

Any other ideas?

Rick (spridgety bits) Bastedo