Re: [Spridgets] 948 With A Bad Smoking Problem

To: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 948 With A Bad Smoking Problem
From: Gregory Groiss <ggroiss@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 13:09:54 -0400
I believe Bob said he checked the pressure relief valve and it seemed
fine.  I think a leak down-test may provide us more info than a wet
compression test.  The compression is good in all cylinders and that's
with two different gauges just to be sure.  I'm thinking if we did a
leak-down test we may be able to hear air escaping if the rings are
that bad.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive