[Spridgets] Why I still love my wife......

Subject: [Spridgets] Why I still love my wife......
From: abcoz at hky.com (Bud Osbourne)
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 23:27:34 -0400
My wife and I have been together just a month or two longer than my '72
Midget and I have been (29 years).  Although I can't really claim to have
married a "car babe", she really comes through for me, sometimes.

The other night, I had a Pittsburgh Vintage GP meeting to attend, at our
local Porsche dealership.  The attendees were all going to be Porsche Club
of America members.  I was going to just go by myself, but it was such a
nice, warm summer evening that I invited my wife along, thinking that she'd
want to take one of the modern cars, with AC or our old Porsche 356B.  To my
surprise and delight, she held-out for the Midget!  She said that she hadn't
had a long, top down ride in the Midget since last summer and she was really
looking forward to it.  IS MY WIFE AWESOME, OR WHAT????  She still loves to
fold her long-legged, 5'8" frame into that Midget and get wind-blown,
sun-burned and bounced around, roasted, frozen or everything combined after
all these years.  I'm beginning to think I really DID make the right choice
all those years ago.  Twice!

Pulling onto the Porsche dealer parking lot in our wire wheeled, Tartan Red
Midget and parking among a sea of new Porsches, we got a lot of attention.
People were actually gathering around the Midget while we were inside the
Porsche dealership (our oldest son works there).  When I walked out to move
the Midget next door to the BMW dealership (same family owns the Porsche,
Audi and BMW dealerships), there were still people standing around the car
and offering compliments ("great old MG", "nice car", etc.).   Arriving at
the upstairs meeting room, my MG was the topic of conversation and I learned
that many of the Porsche guys had very fond memories of MGs, with a couple
of them still having MGs tucked away in their garages (one guy has a '49 TC
that he's had since Ike was still "da man").

It's kind of funny how, although my Porsche is vastly superior in every
department (in spite of being 10 years older than the Midget), my wife and I
get every bit as much enjoyment out of our Midget as we do our Porsche.

Bud Osbourne