[Spridgets] over 2100 miles to Elkhart Lake

Subject: [Spridgets] over 2100 miles to Elkhart Lake
From: rbastedo at gmail.com (Rick Bastedo)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 05:20:08 -0700
We made it at last at about 9:30pm last night.
My son Peter and I started out last Friday, averaging a little more than 500
miles per day.
The Frogeye Midget ran great, while driving safe and sane around 60 mph it
got great mileage.
>From 37 mpg to 40 mpg.
When driving a 'bit' more spirited it dropped below 30 mpg.
Like one time yesterday when we had to pull off for a "Dad we have to stop -
NOW" break.
I pulled off onto an exit that had no onramp back onto the freeway.
The emergency dealt with then the question was - how to get back on the
road?
Peter suggested "you can back up".
So we did and then had to drive a bit more spirited than usual to catch up
to the other cars.
We were traveling with BillM, KurtA and MikeB.
I'm not saying how fast we went, but it wasn't faster than I felt safe per
the road conditions.
After checking in we went over to the Lake Street Cafe and had dinner, I had
a local brew and Peter had Root Beer on tap from the same brewery. We met
PeterC and Dave Lieb and several others there, all sitting at a long table
right up front talking LBC smack.
It was GREAT!

Here is our blog and Picasa site:

http://frogeyemidget.blogspot.com/