[Spridgets] Gas Tank?

Subject: [Spridgets] Gas Tank?
From: bmwwxman at gmail.com (Jim Johnson)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:35:19 -0500
Back in the 60s a Brit friend lost fingers and an eye working on a Royal
Enfield tank that was supposed to be absolutely clean and had been sitting
on a shelf open for years. As my
New York Jewish buddies would say, "Don't never trust nobody!!"

In the past, I've cleaned out motorcycle tanks by filling them with a little
kerosene and about a pint of hex nuts and short lengths of chain, wrapping
them in foam and putting them into a cement mixer for about 8 hours. Then
line them with POR15 and give them to the painter.

There is a guy in Ontario, Canada who does motorcycle tanks as a business.
His procedure is to open them up along the seams with a cut off wheel under
water, clean them out by washing and scrubbing with various washing
chemicals ending with soap and water. He then fixes the dents, welds them
back together, lines them with POR15 and paints them. They are good pretty
much for life.

If I had a tractor wheel to use, I'd finish up by lining with POR15. The
tank should be good for life after that.  At least for my life   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim