[Spridgets] Oil Overpressure Part deux

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Oil Overpressure Part deux
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 21:11:50 -0700 (PDT)
Per advice from Phil over at APT, I changed the oil from VR-1 20w-50 (not
enough ZDDP anyway) to Joe Gibbs synthetic blend 10W-30.  Eight bucks a
quart!  Plenty of ZDDP according to the label.  The oil pressure dropped when
warmed up from 40 PSI at idle and 75 PSI at 4K rpm to 30PSI at idle and 65 PSI
at 4k.  A definite improvement.  Next I will re-install the adjustable oil
pressure relief valve and see if I can drop it just a little more. Enough for
tonight.  I'm finding that as I get older, changing oil is not as much fun as
it used to be.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2