Re: [Spridgets] axle or pinion problems?

To: Chris Manuel <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] axle or pinion problems?
From: Steven Guterman <an5.sprite@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:56:29 -0400
Not too hard a repair.  Jack up the car, the wheel that is easier to turn
likely is broken, On the other you may feel the spyder gears spinning.

Take off the wheel,
Loosen the brake adjuster
Unscrew the Phillips screws on the drum
Pull off the drum
Unscrew the Phillips screw holding the axle
Pull out the axle, Hope the break was on the outside.
Clean the area where the axle mates to the bearing
install new axle, gasket and seal.
reverse prior steps.

Wash hands to get rid of gear lub smell.

Have fun driving

Steve