[Spridgets] Just suppose??

Subject: [Spridgets] Just suppose??
From: haynes386 at netzero.net (Mark Haynes)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 14:36:45 GMT
Kurt- First see if there are A) any markings on the front face of the cam
(inside of the thread diameter) or B) any rings between the lobes of the cam
(BMC style of ID). Does it have 3/8" or 1/2" wide lobes? Des it have a fuel
pump lobe or a gear drive instead? (Warwick 649 cams ran a gear drive here for
dry sumping). Then refer to DVs book for some timing and lift numbers.
There are many cam manufacturers as well as small guys- It can be very tough
to figure out.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016

Just suppose I  have a cam laying on the table in front of me. Is there
anyway to tell what its performance characteristics will be without setting
up V blocks, dial indicator, and degree wheel???

Kurt.

http://www.netzero.net/freeemail?refcd=NZTAGOUT1FREM0210