[Spridgets] No weather content - OIL

Subject: [Spridgets] No weather content - OIL
From: bkitterer at me.com (Kitterer Bob)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:10:41 -0700
Just my two cents -

I would put at least a 1000 miles on the engine in order to be absolutely sure
that the rings have seated, I know that can seam like forever.  But if you
switch to synthetic oil too soon the rings will never seat.  Also if every
gasket is not perfectly fitted and sealed the synthetic will find those weak
spots to leak, guess how I know that.

I have used Castrol Synthetic since 1997 but have no solid reason for doing so.
 Am expecting to tear the engine down in a year or so and will see if and what
differences it has made.

What ever you use in the trany you wan to check out the additives to be sure
they do not attack brass.

Still in "on the road" mode.

Bob Kitterer and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage