Re: [Spridgets] fuel line and brake line

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] fuel line and brake line
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 17:53:00 -0500
Our gas water heater is in a closet that opens into the garage.  When I
had it replaced about 5 years ago, the plumber said that the codes had
changed and the water heater had to be installed on a platform that
elevated it a certain distance above the floor.  He said that flammable
fumes in a garage were heavier than air and would float close to the
floor.  This implies that if the water heater is 18" above the floor
then it will be less likely to ignite fumes.

> drained
> several gallons of gasoline onto the floor and into the floor drain.
> Given that my garage was the bottom floor of the house and there was a
> gas water heater about 20 feet away, I was probably only minutes away
> from an explosion that certainly would have destroyed the house.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums