Re: [Spridgets] Collier Cup at the Glen

To: John Deikis <johnsfolly@gmail.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Collier Cup at the Glen
From: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 05:20:43 -0700 (PDT)
2:22 on the Watkins Glen long course is a good lap for a vintage spec
Spridget, but to put it in perspective, my 948 Sprite set the lap record at a
2:22 back in 1984. Dan Collishaw's 948 Sprite owns the lap record these days
with a 2:17.5. My times were pre-inner loop, but that doesn't slow good
handling small bore cars very much.  Momentum is the key. You don't need as
much torque if you don't slow down!
John
Fogelsville, PA