Re: [Spridgets] On modern engine oils

To: "Michael Rowe" <mdrowe@optonline.net>, "Spridget Chat Group"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] On modern engine oils
From: "Richard Ball" <rich_ball@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:52:08 -0700
Onan does have an oil they recommend for their gensets called Onamax.
Supposedly formulated to fight heat oxidation common in air cooled engines
and SL rated.  It is regular oil, not a synthetic.

The big thing I have read about generator oil is that people let the level
drop to low and burn up the engine.  You want to check it regularly and keep
the level where it should be.  That means checking it each morning of a trip
if you are using the generator a lot.

Onan is a subsidiary of Cummings so you can buy your supplies and parts from
a Cummings dealer if you have one near you.  I have found them to be cheaper
than places like Camping World.

Rich Ball
'76 Midget
'82 23' Jamboree RV