Re: [Spridgets] ethanol

To: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul@bellsouth.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] ethanol
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:54:09 -0500
I've been harping on this for several years now. Many either don't believe
it or ignore it thinking it can't happen to them. My antique and classic
motorcycle clubs discovered these problems some years ago.  They other thing
we discovered that he doesn't mention in this article is YOU CAN"T TRUST THE
PUMP LABELS THAT SAY NO ETHANOL!!  Some stations are religious about
changing the labels when they fill their reservoirs. Others pay little
attention to it. The only way to be SURE your gas is ethanol free is to buy
an ethanol test kit and test it EVERY TIME YOU FILL UP.

Ethanol in gas is the biggest boondoggle the government has perpetrated on
us lately. Don't get me started...

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net> wrote:

> Thought this interesting.  I use no-ethanol premium.  Ethanol cost me
> the diaphragm in Bugeye's mechanical fuel pump.
>
> *
>
>http://www.historicvehicle.org/Latest-News/September-2011/2011/09/22/Under-hood-ethanol-classic-car
>
> *or*
>
> http://tinyurl.com/44nyuzn