Re: [Spridgets] ethanol

To: spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] ethanol
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:41:18 -0400
MTBE, or methyl tertiary butyl ether, formerly used to oxygenate gasoline is
contaminates drinking water if it leaks or spills into the ground or water.

So if everyone would rather have poisoned drinking water than changing
out some parts on there cars......feel free to continue to bash Ethanol.

Oh and continue to push for more Hydrofracking for natural gas!
;-)

There are no ethanol free stations in the NY metro area.

Race gas is available at $10 a gallon, but sure gets expensive.

The links to the gas additives don't really convince me,
such as " breaks down the water to sub-micron level allowing it to be
safely burned away during normal engine operation."
Really?? how??
Startron is 95% Naptha, as are many other treatments.

An interesting link about fuel additives:
They are anti-ethanol but there is some good information there.

http://www.fuel-testers.com/is_gas_additive_safe_with_e10_list.html

I am not necessarily pro ethanol, but show me a better alternative to
oxygenate

and raise the octane of gasoline to usable levels at a cost that is
tolerable.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank C.!

> From: an5.sprite@gmail.com

> All the first options are correct. This has nothing to do with the
president.
This has to do with a strong corn lobby and elected senators and congressmen
that take the corn lobby money.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive