[Spridgets] modern starter with 5spd 1275

Subject: [Spridgets] modern starter with 5spd 1275
From: mgmaven at bellsouth.net (Bob Spruck)
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 19:19:10 -0400
When I installed the Isuszu starter on my 67 vintage race car, I heated
the vertical corner of the  passenger foot well with a propane torch and
then used a big hammer to dent it in for clearance. I then spray painted
it BRG to match the engine compartment. That section is a double panel -
the engine side is vertical and the passenger side is angled. There is
about 1/4 " clearance to the flange of the starter but I did use an
engine steady bracket that I designed. I have never had any problems. I
will do the same when I finish my '72 and use the ever reliable Isuszu.

Bob