[Spridgets] Labor day at lime rock park

Subject: [Spridgets] Labor day at lime rock park
From: mhagopian at hoppetool.com (Matt Hagopian)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 13:07:26 -0400
Hi all!

Just wanted to give an overview of the historics.. First of all it was great
racing and nice to see so many racers (250 entrants)! I met a few people there
but surprisingly not many with midgets!

The racing:
Competition was great! There were many midgets in my group, which was group 5.
Some other cars were in our group such as elva couriers, spitfires, and one
car that should not have been in our race.. A sports racer beach abarth.
Naturally he was the fastest car and lapped all the way to second place. Ray
Stone was there in his 948 bugeye in second place with a fastest lap of 1:03.
I personally qualified 6th in my spridget and on Monday in the all mg race I
qualified 12th and finished in 5th! My best lap time was a 1:06.910 after
putting 2 new tires on. I have video of a lot of the races but the sound is
just wind unfortunately. I had one mechanical failure on Monday with in turn
had me starting in 21st position on Monday afternoon. When mother nature was
rearing her ugly head.. I felt pretty comfortable aside from hydroplaning on 3
parts of the track on every lap. The final race was 5 laps and I finished in
6th place, almost 5th. I was passing an abarth at the checkered but was about
2 feet short of 5th..

Results haven't been posted on lime rocks website for whatever reason. But it
was a great time!!

On a separate note we just bought a 58 bugeye!!! It's beautiful! Built by
predator.

Sincerely,