[Spridgets] No LBC - Adobe download fail

Subject: [Spridgets] No LBC - Adobe download fail
From: WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com (WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:56:21 -0400 (EDT)
Hi list,

A while back I had to install a new hard drive in my wife's PC.  So, I
also had to install the software from scratch.  I don't think she ever had
Adobe reader on it before but needs it now.

Her PC has XP and when I try to download Adobe reader everything goes ok
until running the exe file when I get a message at 33% saying a metadata file
 failed.  Having had a series of repeat failures I gave up.

So, I thought I'd download Adobe for XP on my PC and then copy it across on
 a USB memory stick.  But guess what despite my telling the Adobe download
page I want XP etc, etc it prompts me to download.  When it prompts me the
2nd time it then reverts to Windows 7 which is what my PC is, despite my
having  already told it I want XP.

So, anyone have an install copy of Adobe for XP (I guess it won't be the
English version) someone can e-mail me as an attachment (I guess within
whatever  the max size AOL will accept) so I can put it on my wife's PC?  Or,
does  anyone have any alternative ideas (like burn it to a disc for me?).

Thanks

Weslake-Monza 1330